The Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek is one of the most gorgeous long-distance off-the-beaten-path treks in Nepal. Guiding you through the ethnic settlements, the trek takes you to the pristine lap of the majestic mountains themselves. The trek also excellently demonstrates the geographical diversity of the nation in addition to the journey to the base camp of Kanchenjunga (8586m). The region solemnly sits in the eastern part of Nepal whilst harboring awe-inspiring beauties and cultural magnificence.
Taking place in the far-off Taplejung district, the Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek presents trekkers with unadulterated terrains and hidden settlements in the isolated border region of the country. Beginning the journey with a short flight to Bhadrapur, trekkers meander their way into the deep river valley of the Kanchenjunga, passing through ethnic Tibetan Buddhist settlements like Mitlung, Chirwa, Sukethum, and Selele among many others. All along the journey, the view of the Kanchenjunga Peak (8586m) looms over the path in the most beautiful way. The five peaks of the Kanchenjunga Himal accompanies the trekkers on their journey that perfectly blends together the ethnic cultural tenor of Nepal's border with its beautiful Himalayan terrain dotted with amazing untouched woodlands. Dense rhododendron and alpine forests of scented pine, cedar, and maple line the trekking track, presenting trekkers with the opportunity to really take in the ethereal sublimity of Nepal's geographical hallmarks. Furthermore, the path also leads to the Simon La Mountain Pass at 4,645 meters. The best times to do the Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek are during the spring season (March to May) and the autumn season (September to December). It is recommended to have a good level of physical fitness to do this trekking journey as it can prove to be a bit challenging at times, but having previous trekking experience is not a necessity.
It is a grand adventure that presents trekkers with memorable experiences. We at Destination Unlimited guarantee the best services throughout the journey and you will feel our dedication and passion in every aspect of work put into the trip. Thus, do not miss the opportunity to enjoy Nepal's hidden treasures with us!
Day to Day Itinerary:Show All Days Hide All Days
Price Include / Exclude:
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu as per itinerary
- Accommodation in a 2-3-star hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Guesthouse accommodation during trekking in the mountains
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and Three meals a day during trek
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary by private vehicles
- All necessary staff with experienced leader (guide), assistant guide( 6 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, transportation or flights food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits
- Down jacket(provided by rental), Warm sleeping bag, duffel bag, trekking map, trekking poles if necessary
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- First Aid Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes
- Trekking certificate by Destination Unlimited