The Three Passes Trek of the Everest region is one of the most popular long-distance trekking journeys. The trek is one of the most adventurous escapades not only in Nepal but in the whole world. The region's diverse alpine and the trans-Himalayan landscape are beguilingly ornamented with deep river valleys, white rivers originating from the peaks and Sherpa villages where the Himalayan lifestyle is the norm for its people. All these aspects of the region are explored and admired in the length of the trek.
Starting the trek from Lukla, the Three Passes Trek has trails that wind through the gorgeous terrain of the Khumbu. Including highlights like the commercial Himalayan towns of Namche Bazaar and Tengboche, the vantage points of Kalapatthar and the Gokyo RI as well as the three high Mountain Passes of the Khumbu- the Renjo La (5360m), the Cho La (5420m) and the Kongma La (5535m), the Three Passes Trek is a beautiful journey of amazing Himalayan views at every turn. Initially, the journey follows the same path as that of the Everest Base Camp Trek but diverts toward the villages of Thame to reach the holy Gokyo Lakes of the Himalayas. It is a journey full of the best aspects of the region. Due to the High Mountain Passes, the Three Passes Trek is a rather strenuous trekking journey. It requires more physical strength to complete than the average base camp treks of the region. Moreover, the best times to do the Three Passes Trek are during the spring and the autumn seasons. The spring season lasts from March to May and the autumn season lasts from the months of September to November. It is not suitable to do during the winter months as the mountain passes tend to be blocked because of heavy snow and the Gokyo Lake tends to freeze over in the dwindling temperatures.
The Three Passes Trek by Destination Unlimited is the best package if its kind. It is a well-crafted package that includes all of the best features of the region. You will be in the company of our professional guides and throughout the journey- you will be provided the best available services. Our professional team has been involved in the field for many years. With us, you are guaranteed the best time of your life!
Day to Day Itinerary:Show All Days Hide All Days
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m)
Day 02: Sightseeing of Kathmandu Valley and Trek Preparation Day.
Day 03: Flight to Lukla (2840m) Trek to Phakding (2610m), 35 min flight, 4 Hrs trek.
Day 04: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3445m), 5 to 6 Hrs trek.
Day 05: Acclimatization Day at Namche Bazaar.
Day 06: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Thame (3820m), 5 to 6 Hrs trek.
Day 07: Trek from Thame to Marlung (4210m), 5 to 6 Hrs trek.
Day 08: Trek from Marlung to Lungden (4368m), 5 to 6 Hrs trek.
Day 09: Trek from Lungden to Renjo La Pass (5360m) to Gokyo (4800m), 5 to 6 Hrs trek.
Day 10: Rest day at Gokyo, hike to Gokyo Ri (5360m), 4 Hrs trip.
Day 11: Trek from Gokyo to Thaknak (4750m), 5 to 6 Hrs trek.
Day 12: Trek from Thaknak to Cho La to Dzongla (4830m), 7 to 8 Hrs, trek.
Day 13: Trek from Dzongla to Lobuche 4900m), 4 to 5 Hrs trek.
Day 14: Trek Lobuche to Gorakshep (5170m) to EBC (5364m) and back to Gorakshep, 9 Hrs trek.
Day 15: Hike to Kala Patthar (5550m) then to Lobuche (4900m), 6 to 8 Hrs trek.
Day 16: Trek from Lobuche to Kongma La (5,535m) to Chhukung (4,730m), 6 to 7 Hrs trek.
Day 17: Trek from Chhukung to Tengboche (3860m), 5 to 6 Hrs trek.
Day 18: Trek from Tengboche to Namche Bazaar, 5 to 6 Hrs trek.
Day 19: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla, 6 to 7 Hrs trek.
Day 20: Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu, 35 minutes.
Day 21: Final departure.
Price Include / Exclude:
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu as per itinerary
- Accommodation in a 2-3-star hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Guesthouse accommodation during trekking in the mountains
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and Three-3 meals during trek
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary by private vehicles
- All necessary staff with experienced leader (guide), assistant guide( 6 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits
- Down jacket(provided by rental), Warm sleeping bag, duffel bag, trekking map
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- First Aid Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes
- Trekking certificate by Destination Unlimited
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Khumbu Tax 20$
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Tips for guides and porters( Recommended)