The Everest Base Camp Trek via Gokyo is a journey that, in addition to the already existing aspects of the regular base camp journey, also adds in the visit to the holy Gokyo lakes of the Khumbu. From sapphire blue Himalayan lakes embedded in the very heart of the river valleys shadowed by the peaks to arid landscapes with corroded hill caves, the EBC Trek via Gokyo enchants every trekker and guarantees glorious memories.
Starting the trekking journey from the famous mountain village of Lukla, the trail beautifully winds through the verdant trans-Himalayan landscape of the Everest region to go through popular Sherpa villages and towns like Namche Bazaar and Lobuche. With off-beaten paths added to the journey, like visiting Machhermo and Thangna, the trail then reaches the beautiful turquoise lakes of Gokyo- holy lakes believed to be the abode of the snake gods- the Nagas, by the Hindu people. The serenity of the journey is truly unmatched as the sapphire lakes set against the gorgeous ivory mountain peaks present a sight close to the heavens itself. Moreover, the journey also lets trekkers cross the Cho La Mountain Pass and has highlights like visiting the vantage points of the Gokyo Ri (5360m) and Kalapatthar (5550m). It is a beautiful journey suited for trekkers who want to take a diversion from the regular base camp trek journey to experience the isolated settlements of the Khumbu. The Everest Base Camp Trek via Gokyo is best suited to do during the months of March to May when the spring season sets amazing blossoms of rhododendrons across the terrain and during the months of September to November when the autumn season presents clear and crisp weather conditions for the best views of the peaks.
Let Destination Unlimited be your travel companion in this adventure. Our well-versed and highly professional guides and team members will make sure that you get the best trekking experience of your life! With excellent services and many such provisions, we, at Destination Unlimited, assure you that your travel experience will be every bit the same as the one in your imagination.
Day to Day Itinerary:Show All Days Hide All Days
Day 14: Hike Up to Kala Patthar (5,550 m) early in the Morning and Trek Down to Pheriche (4,240 m) – 7 hours
Price Include / Exclude:
- All airport transfers
- Accommodation in Kathmandu
- Tea-house Lodge during the Trekking
- Experience, Government Licensed English-speaking Guide
- Porters : 2 Member one porter
- Domestic Airfare/ Ktm-Luckla-Ktm. Airport Tax
- 3 Meals a Day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking.
- Every meals cup of tea or coffee
- All Trekking permits and Necessary documents
- Free Trekking Map
- Sleeping bag, Duffle bag by company & Trekking Poles if necessary
- Staff insurance, medication and equipment,
- First Aid Kit and Special Care
- Farewell Dinner
- Rescue arrangements for our clients
- All Govt. and Local Taxes
- Trekking Certificate from Destination Unlimited Treks
- International airfares
- Travel/trekking insurance
- Kathmandu sightseeing Entrance fees
- Nepal entry visa fees.
- Down Jacket but will help you by rental
- Khumbu Tax Worth 20$
- Mountain rescue charges or insurance
- Bottled drinks on trek (cold and alcoholic) and Hot Drinks
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu.
- Additional food or drink on trek in addition to three standard meals
- Personal expenses, Emergency Expenses, road blocked, snakes, desert.etc
- Tips, Hot Showers
- Which is not mentions in Cost Included Section.
golden EagleAustraliaPublished: Monday, May 06, 2019
Thanks to Ashok and his team I was able to complete my dream solo adventure. Ashok was very thorough in his recommendations and arranged everything that I could possibly need for my 20 degree winter journey. My guide Badal was the best and being a local from Solukhumbu, I enjoyed immensely learning about his experiences growing up in the Hamalayas. I look forward to my next adventure with Destination Unlimited Treks & Expeditions.