The Upper Mustang Trek presents trekkers with the opportunity to experience the exotic Tibetan Buddhist culture as it was thousands of years ago. As a matter of fact, Upper Mustang is the only place on Earth where the culture has remained, to this day, relatively unchanged from how it was anciently practiced. Because of this, the Upper Mustang Trek feels like going through a place that is perfectly encapsulated in time.
With a rich history of being one of the last forbidden kingdoms of Lo, Upper Mustang also presents trekkers with a spiritual ethos. The trekking trail of the Upper Mustang Trek goes through prominent Tibetan Buddhist settlements and villages like Syanboche and Drakmar, as well as the ancient walled city of Lo Manthang. Starting the journey from the beautiful lakeside city of Pokhara, the trail passes through Jomsom to take trekkers on a journey deep into the Mustang valley. Moreover, the physical geography of the Upper Mustang is also one that is quite different. Unlike the famous Everest Treks or the Annapurna trekking journeys, Upper Mustang presents a landscape that is dry and arid. The desert-like terrain of Mustang is due to its location in the rain-shadow zone of the Annapurna and the Dhaulagiri Himalayas. The sight of the cerulean mountain peaks against the corroded cliffs of Mustang presents a beautifully contrasting view. Furthermore, despite the lack of vegetation and jaded woodlands, Mustang still manages to capture the awe of trekkers with its amazing rock formations. The red and auburn corrosion of the rocks form delectable shapes and cuts into the tall scraggly cliffs of the region. Furthermore, due to its strategic location, the Upper Mustang Trek is a perfect option for summer trekking in Nepal as well. It is suitable to do all the year round, unlike many other treks of Nepal where the summer and winter months pose difficulties in terms of the weather. Likewise, it is a moderate trekking trip that requires no prior experience to do.
Join Destination Unlimited in this exotic adventure that is the Upper Mustang Trek. Our staff members and professional guides will make sure that you get the best services throughout the journey and that your stay with us in our beautiful country is a memorable experience.
Note: Itinerary we can always flexiable during the planning as well as costing.
– old Buddhist religious communities
– Exploration of antiquated Himalayan locale
– the visit to pleasant spots
– the most profound crevasse of the world
– Ancient religious communities
– remarkable culture and vibe
– Lo Manthang
– staggering perspective on Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and Nilgiri
- You will have profound feel strolling through numerous Gompas, chortens, fluttering petition banners, caverns, shake compositions, and extremely old religious communities.
Day to Day Itinerary:Show All Days Hide All Days
Price Include / Exclude:
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu as per itinerary
- Accommodation in a 2-3-star hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Guesthouse accommodation during trekking in the mountains
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and Three meals a day during trek
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary by private vehicles
- All necessary staff with experienced leader (guide), assistant guide( 6 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, transportation or flights food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits
- Down jacket(provided by rental), Warm sleeping bag, duffel bag, trekking map, trekking poles if necessary
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- First Aid Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes
- Trekking certificate by Destination Unlimited
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Extra meals an trek beside 3 meals
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Tips for guides and porters( Recommended)
We required minimum two pax.